October 14, 2011 (Morning of his birthday party)
Dr. Straughn's office
-2 booster shots
-1 MMR shot
-1 flu shot
Luke was such a little stud at his appointment. He laid down on the weighing table and sat nicely in my arms while Dr. Straughn examined him. He got feisty when he looked in his ears... for good reason though. He has has many ear infections in his not so long life and he had yet another one on his birthday! Sad. Ouch. He had four shots and was so sad, but then when he realized he was all done he was okay again. Here he is after his shots...
On our way out of the office... even though he is walking towards the doors...
He even got a sucker (for Aubrie)!!
Sadly he was hysterical when I took the sucker away... I didn't want it to be dangerous for him while I was driving and couldn't see him with it. He fell asleep on the way home.
Dr. Straughn said that he looked great and that he was thrilled with his progress. He said he is growing up to be such a healthy and handsome boy. I agree.
1 year stats:
weight:23lbs. 13oz. (85%)
height: 29 and 3/4 inches (48%)
head:18 and 7/8 inches (93%)
This little Lukie boy has stolen my heart. A big chunk of it at least. He is such a sweet natured little goofball. He loves to hug and cuddle. He plays with my eyelashes and my necklace constantly when I am holding him. He has always done that. He is super bashful around anyone that he is uncertain of... and will run over and wrap himself around my leg and hide his face if I am holding him. He loves balls... you can almost always catch him holding or throwing one. He says, "Ba" while throwing it or if he wants it and can't reach it. He also LOVES balloons... he calls them "ba" also. He knows his daddy and when he sees him coming through the door at the end of the day he squeals with excitement and says "dada." He runs right over to him for hugs and kisses. He also looks for him and says "dada" whenever we walk out the front door. He loves playing outside. He walks up to the back door and whimpers until I let him out. Speaking of walking... he has been walking steadily since 11.5 months. Now he runs. He loves the sandbox and picking up red berries and trying to eat them. Don't worry I keep a close eye on him. He has also tried eating sidewalk chalk and sand and wood chips at the play ground... sweet! He points to everything he wants and clearly says, "dat!"... over and over again until he gets exactly what he was pointing to. This happens during dinner time too and can get awesomely annoying... especially when we have no idea what "dat" is. He is so funny though. He makes the cutest faces and laughs at everything. He plays peek-a-boo and covers his eyes and when he takes them off he says, "boo!" He also knows how to give a high 5. He loves it and smiles so big when you ask for it. He still takes a binky at night and for naps, but the rest of the time he spits it out and tries to see how far he can shoot it from his mouth. He really is a little crack up. After naps he needs cuddle time and if Aubrie gets too close and doesn't give him his much needed space it turns into a screaming match. I swear I am going to start having ear problems from all the screaming I hear around this house. He wants to be just like Aubrie in so many ways so when she screams he imitates. He is so sweet though. He walks up to Aubrie multiple times a day and just gives the biggest hugs... she reciprocates of course... and kisses him a ton. He can only take so much... then he goes to find the nearest thing to him to beat her over the head with. When I take toys away (because he was hitting or something) he screams bloody murder and throws himself onto the floor. It is really pretty funny... cause he gets up like 2 seconds later and he is just fine. He hugs stuffed animals and toys. He has such a tender heart. I love this little boy more than I could have ever imagined.
I didn't think there could be more love than the love I have for my Aaron and my sweet Aubrie girl, but it just continues to increase. Luke brings so much joy into our home. We are so glad he is part of our little family. Happy Birthday Luke.
No comments:
Post a Comment