Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday was wonderful this year.  I couldn't have planned a sweeter day.  I got to spend the whole day with Aaron, Aubrie and Luke and it was so nice.  





I slept in Saturday morning (which Aaron usually let's me do!) while he took over with the kids and making a delicious breakfast.  We had omelets and waffles!!
They also got me the prettiest pink flowers, which I am just about to throw away! They have lasted a long time! Aubrie picked them out cause she said they had to be pink!






 We made a birthday cake. Aubrie was so excited about stirring.





Here she is arranging the beautiful flowers.






Then Aaron took Aubs on a jog while I got ready for the day (took a loooong shower). Luke was going to go too, hence the hat he is wearing, but it was his nap time and too cold outside, so I kept him here.


Aubrie brought me back some beautiful flowers from the park.








Then when they got back we iced the cake with a homemade buttercream icing-it was delish!








Aaron did the finishing touches- he made it all spiky looking!
 Then the sprinkles... I think the NERDS were Aubrie's favorite.

Then a sweet friend of mine dropped off some yummy Sprinkles cupcakes at my door! Thank you Nicole! They were sooooooooo good!
No family picture, so this will have to do. After naps, we got ready really quickly and went to see Tangled in 3D at the Dollar theatre. It was soooo cute! Definitely one that I would buy.
After the movie we went to Smashburger for burgers and delicious sweet potato smash fries! We came home and ate cake and then went to bed.  It was a wonderful birthday!!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE how much Aubrie contributed to the cake. So cute! I've tried getting Eventide involved when I bake, but she doesn't quite get it yet...but it's still fun letting her "help" me. Anyway, I just can't get over how much older Luke looks! Also, I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh happy Late birthday!!!!! what a sweet day you had...and what great helpers too!:) aubs and luke are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete