I can't believe it has almost been a month since I last posted on here. Life has been busy, but lots of fun. A few quick updates:
1) We celebrated our 4 year anniversary in the end of April by going on a dinner/movie date. It was so much fun because it was one of those theaters where you order your food and they bring it to you while you watch the movie, but they totally forgot to bring us food. When they brought us our bill and we told them that we hadn't gotten food (an hour and a half into the movie) they felt terrible and brought us out our delicious meals and didn't charge us! It was pretty dang awesome! Aaron also gave me some beautiful flowers that I enjoyed for days! :)
2) Mother's Day was great. Aaron made me breakfast in bed (but I got up and ate with everyone) and we had a delicious dinner with good friends!
3) My mom came for a visit while Aaron went out of town for his annual orthodontics meeting. We had a really fun time and ate lots of great food!
4) Aaron went to the annual AAO conference in Chicago- had a great time! He entered the annual Hu-Friedy wire-bending contest again this year- you should ask him about it! :)
5)The weather here has been so crazy- tornadoes, rain, sun, heat and humidity! It has been a roller coaster to say the least.
6) The kids are getting so big- I
t's crazy how the 2nd child seems to grow up so much faster- I feel like I just had Luke yesterday and now here he is this chunky-almost 8 month-old. I am sure any child after is the same way. I have loved all of his stages, and am currently loving his exploring-everything stage. Luke is such a sweet boy. He has already had 3 full blown ear infections in his short life, been on antibiotics 4 times (one time was for a possible ear infection prevention), but he is doing great right now. We will see what his 9 month appointment brings next month! Oh and today he has been saying da da da da da dadadadada aaaaallllll day long! Cute.
Aubrie seems more and more grown-up everyday. She will be three next month and I can hardly believe we have had her here with us that long- yet it seems like she's always been with us! She has such a huge personality, and is truly the sweetest little gift anyone could ask for. She is so kind and loving and tender and such a sweet and loving sister to Luke. Just yesterday as I cuddled up to her while laying her down for a nap (yes she still takes naps!) she said, "You are the best mommy!" I told her her "I love you so much" and she told me, "I love you so much too." She says the funniest things these days- I need to be better about recording them. She is getting so excited about her birthday next month, I am reminded on a daily basis that she will be three and that after her birthday she gets to start school. She couldn't be more thrilled about it. I hope that her enthusiasm for school (or just the thought of it!) doesn't.ever.stop. I need to figure out what to get her for her bday- everything that she sees that she likes anywhere we go she asks if she can have it for her birthday... it's going to be hard to narrow it down! :)
7) We have less than a year of school to go. It's crazy how time flies, but we sure are enjoyng every minute of it. We love it here in Dallas and love the friends that we've made. Can't wait to see where life takes us as we near the end of school!
Pictures to follow...
No comments:
Post a Comment