For two weeks we have been cooped up in the house...
- due to a cold that Aubrie had
- that she kinda shared with me
- and that I passed on to my sweet Luke
- Lovely. (doesn't even begin to describe it!!)
-(aren't there supposed to be antibodies in my milk to keep him healthy?!!!)
There have been strange things going on like this...
and this...
(Aubrie does not sleep during movies!)
(who is this look alike- where did my Aubrie-girl go??!)
Lot's more than this even...
Sleeping again...
this was about ten minutes after she woke up in the morning at around 6:30am.
You would never know that Luke was sick until you heard him cough and hack up phlegm (spelling?!)...
There has been a lot of sweet bonding time though. These two are the sweetest sibs.
Doctor's office:
We took them to the doctors office after Aubs had reached her all-time high temp of 103.8... although we were able to take the temp down quickly with Tylenol we wanted to see what was actually going on. Turns out I was right on track and that she just had a cold (too bad she's too small for them to give her any kind of medicine since she felt so miserable)- so we had to wait it out. Luke on the other hand has an almost ear infection. When the doctor looked in his ears he said that they didn't have a full-blown infection as of yet, but they looked abnormal (worse in the left ear) and prescribed him Amoxicyllin for preventative measures....for.ten.days! Poor baby. It's been fun giving my 3 month old 4mL of yucky pink medicine through a syringe twice a day for the past 10 days! Not! At least he is getting better.
But... If I have to hear Aubs say "boogies!!" one more time this week I might just freak out. I swear I wipe her nose every other minute- literally. Today has been a lot better thank goodness.
Funny side story: Before Dr. Mitchell checked Luke, he asked what was going on with him... so I prefaced his symptoms by telling him that Luke is generally a pretty snorty kid and has a raspy voice to begin with, but his cold has amplified it. After he checked Luke out he was sort of laughing and said, " I was sure that when I checked his lungs I was going to hear phlegm or something in there because he sounds so raspy, but he sounds PERFECTLY CLEAR (he majorly emphasized that part) in his lungs... he must really just have a deep raspy voice. He does. We laughed.
We better not get colds again in 2011! Ha- not off to such a good start right!?!
Just sayin.
No comments:
Post a Comment